- Transmission Electron Microscope. Tecnai 10 (FEI)
- Cryo-Electron Microscope Talos FC 200 (TFS)
- CETA 16 Mp camera (TFS)
- Falcon 2 Direct Electron Detector (TFS)
- Vitrobot (TFS)
- Cryo Holder and transfer station (Gatan)
- Environmental Scanning Electron Microscope. Quanta 200 FEG (FEI)
- Room temperature-and Cryo-Ultramicrotomes. Leica EM UC6 and UC7
- Critical point dryer Leica EM CPD030.
- High Vacuum CoatingSystem Leica EM MED020.
- Plasma glow-discharge ELMO system
- UV-cleaner JELight
- Single Particle Analysis station (Performance GPU Workstation SP-G3-O)
A. Cryo Electron Microscopy (CryoEM)
- Single Particle Analysis, screening and generation of maps and protein structure models.
- Electron tomography (ET) in STEM and TEM modes (room temperature and Cryo conditions)
- Liposome analysis (TEM and CryoET)
- Bacterial envelope analysis (CryoET)
- Generation of segmented tomography 3D volumes.
B. Transmission A. Electron Microscopy (TEM)
- Ultra-structural analysis of ultra-thin sections of tissues and isolated cells.
- Particle analysis by negative staining of phages, viruses and other nanoparticles.
- DNA and RNA imaging by spreading and shadowing techniques.
- R oom temperature- and cryo-ultramicrotomy (cryo-sectioning)
- I mmuno-gold localisation on resin-embedded ultra-thin sections, or on cryo-sections by the Tokuyasu method.
- Sample preparation for all the above mentioned analyses.
B. Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Analysis of conductive (metalized) and non conductive (environmental) biological samples
- Analysis of nanomaterials
- Sample preparation for SEM
C. Qualitative and quantitative image analyses.
D. Consultancy and training in EM.