The Center for Microscopy and Molecular Imaging (CMMI) recruits a
Optical microscopy facility manager
The CMMI, a joint initiative of the Université libre de Bruxelles and of the Université de Mons, is a preclinical imaging facility which provides services and training for academic and industrial partners. It offers expertise and equipment in electron and light microscopy, in vivo animal imaging, digital pathology and image analysis. Inaugurated in 2011, the CMMI is located in the Biopark Charleroi Brussels South, a site which hosts two academic institutes and several companies active in the field of life sciences.
The Microscopy facility of the CMMI includes fluorescence microscopy (WF, CLSM, spinning-disk), holographic microscopy, and electron microscopy (TEM, SEM, and cryo-TEM).
In coordination with the academic staff and specialized researchers in those different fields,
- Maintain and contribute to operate the optical instruments of the facility
- Train and provide support to the users of the facility, including guidance on experimental design, sample preparation, image acquisition and analysis
- Promote the facility to the science community (academia/industry)
- Write activity reports, funding requests, quotes and service agreements, assist the academic staff in setting up projects
- Contribute to research projects
- MA or PhD degree in life sciences or related field
- Extensive expertise in using confocal microscopy to address biological questions
- Experience in image analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with multiple users; service-oriented spirit
- Strong motivation to implement/develop advanced techniques in the facility (CLEM, super-resolution, high-speed live imaging, etc.)
- Proficiency in English
Would be considered as major assets
- Knowledge of French
- Training and/or teaching experience
Contract type: full time, 1-year contract with possible prolongation, starting in March 2020. Location: Gosselies, Belgium
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your CV and covering letter, explaining your motivation and suitability for this role, to Maud.Martin@ulb.ac.be and Benoit.Vanhollebeke@ulb.ac.be.